MoRAP is working with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) to facilitate the development of a Comprehensive Conservation Strategy for Missouri. The Strategy will be a combination of opportunities from the State Wildlife Action Plan (SWAP), the Forest Action Plan, Fisheries priorities and Private Land Division priorities. The Strategy is intended to help show opportunity areas for MDC, and to create one document to meet federal reporting requirements for SWAP and the Forest Action Plan.
- Provide technical expertise in GIS and leverage on-going and past experience with MDC and other partners to provide input toward completion of the Strategy. This will include gaining input and help from other MoRAP staff as needed.
- Provide access to spatial data, interpret data, and produce new GIS and hardcopy products.
- Provide training and information to Department staff and conservation partners that will facilitate input from partners and will increase the practical value, understanding, and adoption of materials produced for the Strategy.
- Manage ongoing technical support tasks as needed, including provision of software and hardware as needed on site at MoRAP.
- Download and process LiDAR data for selected counties in Missouri to determine the utility of this data source for mapping woody versus herbaceous vegetation to help set priorities for management action (e.g. identify areas of conservation concern; set priorities for tree or shrub clearing) and help track outcomes of management actions.